Analysis of air spring industry leaders:
What is a rubber air spring?
Rubber air spring is a kind of rubber bladder formed by calendering rubber and reinforced cords. It is divided into membrane type and bladder structure. The bladder type rubber bladder is corrugated, commonly known as convoluted bladder rubber air spring. Convoluted bladder type rubber air The number of convolute capsules of the spring is usually 1-3 bends, and 4 bends or more than 5 bends can also be designed according to the needs, and two air springs can also be used in stack.
The rubber air spring is a closed rubber bladder filled with compressed air as the working medium. It is a spring made by using the compressibility of the air in the bladder. It can support, buffer, brake, adjust height, and adjust the angle. Other functional accessories.
The working principle of rubber air spring:
After the rubber air spring is installed on the equipment or instrument, compressed air needs to be filled into the air spring to achieve the required working pressure.The air spring uses the compressibility of the air to achieve elasticity.
The vibration and load generated during the operation of the equipment are transmitted to the air spring. As the vibration load increases, the height of the spring decreases, the volume of the inner cavity decreases, and the stiffness of the spring increases. At this time, the load capacity of the spring increases. When it decreases, the height of the spring increases, the volume of the inner cavity increases, and the stiffness of the spring decreases. At this time, the bearing capacity of the spring decreases. In this way, the air spring is within its effective stroke, the height of the air spring, the volume of the inner cavity, The carrying capacity will achieve smooth and flexible transmission as the vibration load increases and decreases.
What are the advantages of rubber air springs?
(1) Low cost: Generally speaking, under the same functional conditions, the initial cost of using rubber air springs is half or less of the cost of using conventional pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders. The advantage of this initial cost is still in the case of larger specifications. It’s much bigger.
(2) Long service life: Compared with pneumatic or hydraulic cylinders of mechanical structure, the durability and service life of airbags are much superior.
(3) Maintenance-free: Because the rubber air spring has no mechanical moving parts, it does not need lubrication and is maintenance-free.
(4) Wide range of specifications: the effective diameter is from 60mm to 950mm, it can generate thrust of 50kg to 44000kg, and the maximum stroke is 455mm.
(5) The rubber airbag has a unique characteristic ability: it can maintain the stroke through an arc without the need for a fork joint, and the bending capacity can reach 30 degrees; it can withstand side load capacity, this performance can eliminate the possibility of ordinary cylinder devices The operating rod is bent, cracked, or the seal is excessively worn.
(6) Accurate height control: The rubber air spring provides precise height control by adjusting the pressure of the internal compressed air. This feature can eliminate the fatigue and permanent deformation caused by the use of other types of stroke regulators. By adjusting the internal compressed air pressure, Different load-bearing capacities can also be obtained to adapt to the needs of multiple loads.
(7) Rubber air spring has non-linear characteristics, and its stiffness changes with load, making it have ideal characteristics. Its characteristic line can be designed into a more ideal curve according to needs.
(8) Rubber air spring can bear axial and radial load at the same time, and can also transmit torque.
(9) The rubber air spring has good high frequency vibration isolation and sound insulation performance.
(10) Rubber air spring is light in weight, compact in size, small installation space required, and easy to replace.
Pneumatis rubber air spring basic specifications (can be customized according to customer specific application requirements)
(1) Effective static diameter range: 78-695mm.
(2) Maximum tilt angle: 15°.
(3) The maximum lateral deviation distance: 10mm/curve (for example, the maximum lateral deviation distance of the three-curve is 30mm, which can withstand lateral load).
(4) Maximum working pressure: 8-10 bar (recommended ideal working pressure 4-6 bar).
(5) Burst pressure: 20-42 bar.
(6) Standard type working temperature: -30℃~+70℃ (standard type airbag uses styrene butadiene rubber, customers can also choose chlorobutyl rubber according to the actual working environment temperature: -30℃~+90℃; or ring Oxychloropropane rubber: -20℃~+115℃).
(7) Pneumatis rubber air spring is a detachable design, which is easier to install and replace, and the replacement cost is lower.
The structure of the rubber air spring?
Pneumatis rubber air spring is mainly composed of rubber bladder, end flange connection structure, and metal waist ring (equipped with more than two curved convoluted air springs).
The rubber bladder part of the Pneumatis rubber air spring is composed of four layers: one layer is a calendered rubber shell, one layer is a calendered rubber lining, and the middle two-layer structure is designed with a double cord reinforced rubber layer to enhance the structural strength of the entire airbag , In order to be suitable for those applications with higher bearing capacity requirements.
The material formula and processing technology of the Pneumatis air spring bladder part are the core competitiveness that has created its leading position in the industry. It has excellent performance in terms of high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance, ozone aging resistance, fatigue resistance and compression resistance. With a broad user base, Pneumatis is also the original manufacturer of many well-known airbag brands, such as Dunlop Springride, Norgren, Parker, and other airbag brands.