1. Torsion spring is a kind of spring which bears torsion deformation. Its working part is also tightly wound into a spiral shape. The end structure of torsion spring is processed into various shapes of torsion arm, not hook ring. Using the lever principle, torsion spring has great mechanical energy by twisting or rotating the elastic material with soft material and high toughness.
2. Tension spring is a spiral spring that bears axial tension. In the case of no load, the tension spring between the coils is generally tight and there is no gap.
3. Compression spring is a spiral spring which bears axial pressure. Its material section is mostly circular, and it is also made of rectangular and multi strand steel. Generally, the spring is of equal pitch. The shape of compression spring is cylindrical, conical, convex and concave, and a small amount of noncircular. There is a certain gap between the coils of the compression spring, which will spring when subjected to external load Spring shrinkage deformation, storage deformation energy.
4. Progressive spring, this kind of spring adopts the design of inconsistent thickness and density. The advantage is that when the pressure is not large, it can absorb the fluctuation of the road surface through the part with low elastic coefficient to ensure riding comfort. When the pressure increases to a certain extent, the thicker part of the spring plays the role of supporting the body. However, the disadvantages of this spring are that the handling feeling is not direct and the accuracy is poor.
5. Linear spring, linear spring from top to bottom of the thickness, density is unchanged, elastic coefficient is a fixed value. This kind of spring can make the vehicle obtain more stable and linear dynamic response, which is beneficial to the driver’s better control of the vehicle. It is mostly used for performance oriented modified vehicles and competitive vehicles, but the disadvantage is that the comfort is affected.
6. Compared with the original spring, the short spring is shorter and more robust. The installation of short spring can effectively reduce the center of gravity of the vehicle body, reduce the roll generated during cornering, make the bending more stable and smooth, and improve the vehicle’s handling ability in the curve. However, the damping setting of the original shock absorber tends to be comfortable, so the short spring and the original shock absorber are not very stable in matching. It can not effectively inhibit the rebound and compression of the short spring. When driving on the bumpy road, there will be an uncomfortable jumping feeling.
In the long run, the service life of the shock absorber will be greatly reduced, and there may be oil leakage. Of course, the above conditions are relatively speaking, there will not be such serious damage in daily driving, and try not to drive violently, after all, the original shock absorber can not bear the pressure of high load.