The running-in period is an important link to ensure the normal operation of the loader, reduce the failure rate and extend its service life. But at present, some users ignore the special technical requirements of the new machine’s running-in period due to lack of common sense in the use of loader or because of the tight schedule or want to obtain profits as soon as possible. Some users even think that anyway, the manufacturer has a warranty period, and the manufacturer is responsible for the repair of the machine. Therefore, the machine is overloaded for a long time during the running-in period, resulting in frequent occurrence of early machine failures, which not only affects the normal use of the machine, but also The service life of the machine is shortened, and the project schedule is affected by the damage of the machine. Therefore, adequate attention should be paid to the application and maintenance of the loader’s running-in period.
1. The characteristics of the running-in period
1. Fast wear
Due to the influence of factors such as processing, assembly and adjustment of new machine parts, the friction surface is rough, the contact area of the mating surface is small, and the surface pressure is uneven. During the operation of the machine, the concave and convex parts of the surface of the parts fit and rub each other, and the metal chips that fall off will continue to participate in the friction as an abrasive, which accelerates the wear of the mating surface of the parts. Therefore, the parts (especially the mating surfaces) are easily worn during the running-in period, and the wear rate is fast. At this time, if overloading is performed, it may cause damage to parts and cause early failure.
2. Poor lubrication
Since the fitting clearance of newly assembled parts is small, and due to assembly and other reasons, it is difficult to ensure the uniformity of the fitting clearance, and it is difficult for lubricating oil (grease) to form a uniform oil film on the friction surface to prevent wear. Thereby reducing the lubrication efficiency, causing early abnormal wear of the machine parts. In severe cases, it will cause scratches or seizures on the friction surface of the precision fit, leading to failures.
Newly processed and assembled parts have deviations in geometric shape and matching dimensions. In the early stage of use, due to alternating loads such as shock and vibration, as well as heat, deformation and other factors, and excessive wear and other reasons, it is easy to cause the original The tightened parts are loose.
4. Leakage occurs
Due to the loosening of the parts, vibration and the influence of the heat of the machine, the sealing surface of the machine and the pipe joints will leak. Some defects such as casting and processing are difficult to find during assembly and debugging, but due to vibration and shock during the operation Function, this kind of defect is exposed, manifested as leakage (seepage) of oil (water), therefore, leakage is prone to occur during the running-in period.
5. Many operational errors
Due to the lack of understanding of the structure and performance of the machine (especially for new operators), it is easy to cause malfunctions and even mechanical accidents due to operating errors.
2. Application and maintenance of the running-in period
1. Since construction machinery is a special vehicle, operators should receive training and guidance from the manufacturer, have a full understanding of the structure and performance of the machine, and obtain certain operation and maintenance experience before operating the machine. The “Product Operation and Maintenance Manual” provided by the manufacturer is the necessary information for the operator to operate the equipment. Before operating the machine, be sure to read the “Maintenance Manual” and perform operation and maintenance as required.
2. Pay attention to the working load during the running-in period. Half of the working load during the running-in period should not exceed 60% of the rated working load. Appropriate workload should be arranged to prevent the occurrence of overheating caused by long-term continuous operation of the machine.
3. Pay attention to frequently observe the instructions of each instrument, stop the machine in time to eliminate any abnormalities, and stop the operation before the cause is not found and the fault is not eliminated.
4. Pay attention to frequently check the lubricating oil, hydraulic oil, coolant, brake fluid and fuel oil (water) level and quality, and pay attention to check the sealing of the whole machine. Excessive oil and water are found during the inspection, and the cause should be analyzed. At the same time, the lubrication of each lubrication point should be strengthened. It is recommended to add grease to the lubrication point during the running-in period (except for special requirements).
5. Keep the machine clean, adjust and tighten loose parts in time to prevent the loose parts from aggravating the wear of the parts or causing the parts to be lost.
6. At the end of the running-in period, compulsory maintenance of the machine should be carried out, inspection and adjustment should be done, and attention should be paid to the replacement of oil.
In short, the requirements for use and maintenance of the loader during the running-in period can be summarized as: strengthening training, reducing load, paying attention to inspection, and strengthening lubrication. As long as you pay attention to and implement the maintenance and maintenance of the loader during the running-in period as required, it will reduce the occurrence of early failures, extend the service life, and improve the efficiency of operation. The type of machine will not bring you more benefits.